Sunday, September 29, 2013

On the Run Spaghetti Squash

So I tried Crock Pot Spaghetti Squash Curry from Paleo Pot the other night. Super easy prep and I can see such versatility with this recipe. It was a great christening of my new Cuisanart Slow Cooker. One of my strategies for this kind of recipe is to make it with no real plan for how to use it. But I have it on hand for whichever protein I choose to use it with over the next couple of days. In this case, I prepped the ingredients and started the slow cooker during the few minutes I had before heading out one evening. When I returned home 4 hours later, I simply scooped the spaghetti squash into a storage container, added some of the sauce and popped it into the fridge for lunch the next day. 


In retrospect I might add fish sauce or coconut aminos during the cooking process for a little more salty flavor. I added salt after the fact, though, and it worked quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment