Sunday, September 29, 2013

Each to their Own Journey

One of the things I've noticed as I've been working toward eating a more Paleo style diet is how skeptical those around me are. Many seem unwilling or unable to believe that I would choose to eat the way I do. Either through concern for me straying from what they feel to be standard or perhaps feeling my own efforts threaten their way of eating. I often wonder if it would be easier on those around me if I did have a severe allergy preventing me from eating grains and legumes. Then they could reconcile my choices with their own view of the world. 

You see, I am not "restricted" from eating anything. I choose to avoid grains and legumes. While I probably fall more into the Primal camp due to small amounts of dairy I consume through cream and cheese, the Paleo label seems to be more recognized. Again, these are choices for me. I feel better, sleep better and I believe I live better this way. And the more I make these choices on a regular basis, the better I feel.

So I wonder how many others, especially in my own little city of Tacoma, feel similarly. I don't think our paths need to feel solitary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment